Object Based News Telling Cards
Use these cards to help your students tell object based news.
The cards include
- hello - greet class
- what - what is the object
- category - is it an animal, food, plant, game etc
- parts - what are the main parts on it
- found - where do you find it
- information - any other interesting information
- thankyou - thank class for listening
Begin using as many or as little of the cards as you like, and gradually include more as your students become more capable.
There are many ways to use these cards
At the start you may begin very structured and the teacher holds up one card at a time and the students talk about that card. This may be as a group and in small group to start
Have the cards stuck the board and students - use a 'magic pointer' to go along and point and talk about each card.
Have the cards on the ground and students hold their object and step onto each card and talk about it.
For example the student might have a pig
what - It is a pig
category - A pig is an animal
parts- It has pink skin, a curly tail and a snout
found - It lives on a farm