- Learning Areas
- Year Level
- Classroom Resources
This craft activity involves creating a backpack that the students use after cutting and sorting the objects they need to pack in their backpacks for school.
This resource includes templates to utilise with a large brown paper bag to create the backpack.
The instructions to create the bag are as follows:
– Materials needed: Scissors, glue, templates (page 1 and 2) and a large brown paper bag.
– First cut out the top flap, front flap, hanging loop and 2 backstraps.
– For the top flap you need to fold and glue only the tab to the back of the opening of the brown paper bag.
– For the hanging loop glue the tabs to the back of the opening of the brown paper bag.
– For the front flap, glue it to the front of the brown paper bag. If you want it to be a usable pocket you only glue the left, right and bottom side of the pocket in a u shape.
– Turn the brown paper bag around. Fold the backstrap tabs and then glue them vertically on the bag.